Friday, November 22, 2013

An Apology from Ms. Rome

It has been brought to my attention that many upset parents have called in about our most recent poll regarding abortion.

It was posted without my consent, and somehow slipped in under the radar of our Web Editorial Staff. I was just made aware of the poll today. It has since been taken down.

When discussing the incident with my poll creators, they felt like they were simply exercising their right of free speech. While I explained that the First Amendment is a very important right to have and exercise, there is a time and place for such things; going against Catholic doctrine in a Catholic institution cannot and will not be tolerated.

I would also like to add that the opinions of our poll staff and those who were polled do not represent my views or the views of Sacred Heart High School.

We have since put more stringent screening on what will be put into our newspaper, both online and in print. I am sincerely sorry for any students and parents that were upset or offended; as moderator, I take full responsibility.

If any one feels they need to discuss the incident further, please feel free to leave me a message in the main office or email me at arome@sacredhearths.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment